Flip opened 'B&B Konijn', together with his companion Karel. At first, they only had a restaurant which was filled with guests who enjoyed a dinner after a long walk in the beautiful scenery of Taarlo. But… those guests were asking for a place to sleep as well. So, they could enjoy their dinner with an alcoholic drink and extent their stay in Taarlo. Flip and Karel responded to this need with B&B Konijn.

 

Stripe

Name: B&B Konijn
Name of hotelier: Flip de Kam & Karel Verlinden
Number of rooms: 6
Starting point: no system
Website: www.bedandbreakfast-taarlo.nl

 

'Konijn' stands for 'bunny' in English. But... the name isn't inspired by all the bunnies jumping around the property. Actually, a better fit for the B&B would be 'B&B Sheep', because B&B Konijn is surrounded by sheep. Flip smiles when he's talking about the sheep: "We have an old barn and back in the day, people shaved sheep in that barn. And we want to do the same. Kind of… We want to give guests a demonstration of sheep shaving, serve them a lovely dinner and let them stay in our B&B." Shaving sheep is not that common anymore, but Flip and Karel like the older days.

 

BB konijn min

 

Having an advertisement in the newspaper doesn't cut it anymore. Hotels and B&B's should be present at different booking channels, such as Booking.com, but, also on social media. Flip is sharing is thoughts: "The main reason for us to look for hotel software and join RoomRaccoon is the connection with external booking channels. We can connect our B&B easily with other channels now. So effortlessly."

 

Flip came across RoomRaccoon while searching for hotel software in Google. There were more software suppliers, but Flip chose RoomRaccoon. "Most of the software-suppliers that I found were very expensive and RoomRaccoon was not", Flip says "so we didn't look no further."

 

QuotesQuotes1Most of the software-suppliers that I found were very expensive and RoomRaccoon was not, so we didn't look no further!

Flip is happily satisfied with RoomRaccoon: "You care about our results. And, more importantly, we see results! All reservations are automatically placed in our agenda, and I love that agenda! You can easily drag reservations to other rooms. I'm just really content". Flip also loves to prepare invoices and send out e-mails now, because they are set-up automatically.

 

RoomRaccoon delivers! RoomRaccoon brings great results to B&B Konijn: "I think 80 to 85% of all our reservations come in via RoomRaccoon through external booking channels and the Booking Engine. The other 10 to 15% of all reservations come in via our restaurant. This makes us believe that without RoomRaccoon, our occupancy rate would be much lower. […] It seems that a Bunny (Konijn) works well together with a Raccoon."

 

QuotesQuotes1I think 80 to 85% of all our reservations come in via RoomRaccoon, through external booking channels and the Booking Engine.

Flip and Karel want to grow, by arranging special packages and setting room rates adequately. They already noticed at what moment to set the room rate higher: "Last summer we were fully booked within one day! We were struck by surprise. When we had a look at the town agenda, we saw that TT Circuit Assen (Motorcross) was getting near and we've probably set the room rates way too low. Next year we'll be ready!" says Flip, smiling joyfully.

 

Flip didn't have any hospitality experience before he started B&B Konijn… or did he? "I had a lot to do with hospitality, but more as guest" Flip looks amused, "I loved to sleep in hotels, drink in bars, and dine in restaurants. This is the first time that I'm on the other side and, until now, I really enjoy myself! And I love to create the best experience for my guests." And that's why a stay in B&B Konijn is recommended.

 

 

 

Get your free all-in-one demo

Most of the software-suppliers that I found were very expensive and RoomRaccoon was not", Flip says "which made it an easy decision